- J.D., summa cum laude, Nova Southeastern University, 2004
- Graduate Studies in German Literature, University of Freiburg, Freiburg im Breisgau, Germany, 1987 - 1989
- Graduate Seminar in German Studies, Indiana University, Bloomington, 1986-1987
- B.A., magna cum laude, German literature, Harvard University, 1986
Susan is Board Certified by the Florida Bar in Wills, Trusts & Estates Law. Her practice focuses on domestic and international estate planning and estate administration. She works closely with clients to develop and implement effective strategies for both long and short-term estate planning. Her knowledge of the German language complements her work with international clients on issues specific to resident and non-resident alien U.S. estate tax and succession planning.
Prior to joining the Estates and Trusts Practice Group at Cohen & Grigsby in 2009, Susan was an attorney in the Private Clients Group of the Naples office of Cummings & Lockwood, LLC.
- Member, Florida Bar Association (Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Division)
- Member, Collier County Bar Association (Trusts and Estate Section)
- Board Member and Treasurer, United Arts Council, a non-profit organization committed to providing arts education to at-risk youth
- Member, Estate Planning Council of Naples
- Member, STEP (Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners), Southwest Florida Division
- Susan is Board Certified by the Florida Bar in Wills, Trusts & Estates Law, one of less than 330 attorneys in the State of Florida to have this designation.
- Susan has spoken frequently on the topic of establishing Florida domicile, estate planning and related issues.
- She is fluent in German and works with German-speaking clients on Florida related estate planning, tax and probate matters.
- She participates annually in the Collier County Legal Aid Society Wills for Heroes event.
- Author, “Transfers To Non-Citizen Spouses”, Naples Daily News – Estate Planning Council Supplement, March 2017
- Co-Author, “Vererben in Florida,” (Part 2) Florida Sun Magazine, March 2017
- Author, “An Estate Planning Opportunity for U.S. Citizens with European Property”, Naples Daily News – Estate Planning Council Supplement, March 2016
- Author, “Vererben in Florida”, (Part 1) Florida Sun Magazine, March 2015
- Co-Author, “U.S. Taxation of Nonresidents”, Naples Daily News – Estate Planning Council Supplement, March 2013