Samantha J. GagliardoAssociate
Samantha is an Associate Attorney in the Firm’s Estates & Trusts Group, where she focuses her practice on representing individuals, families and closely held businesses in tax and estates and trusts-related matters. Prior to joining Cohen & Grigsby, Samantha was an associate for another Pittsburgh area law firm, where in addition to her estates and trusts concentration, she worked closely with the business services and public and nonprofit groups.
Samantha’s experience spans the full spectrum of estates and trusts capabilities, including counseling clients with regard to their individual estate planning needs, advocating for clients in the Orphans’ Court, administering estates of various levels of wealth, and preparing Federal estate tax returns, Federal gift tax returns, and Pennsylvania inheritance tax returns. In addition, Samantha devises Wills, Codicils, Powers of Attorney and Trusts, and prepares Briefs, Petitions, Motions and other pleadings for estates and trusts and civil litigation-related matters.
- Allegheny County Bar Association
- Pittsburgh Foundation Young Professional Advisors Committee
- Author, “No “E”-asy Way Out: Why the FDA Should Not Regulate E-Cigarettes Under the Current TCA Framework, Even with New Deeming Regulations,” University of Pittsburgh Law Review, Vol. 79, Fall 2017
- J.D., University of Pittsburgh School of Law, 2017
- Co-Senior Topics Editor, University of Pittsburgh Law Review
- David R. Bookstaver Award
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award – Legal Analysis and Writing
- John P. Gismondi Civil Litigation Certificate
- B.A., summa cum laude, Political Science and Spanish, Washington & Jefferson College, 2014
- Phi Beta Kappa Honor Society