Robyn is an Associate and a member of the Litigation Group, where she focuses on a wide range of commercial litigation and intellectual property matters.
Prior to joining Cohen & Grigsby, Robyn was an associate at an insurance defense firm in Pittsburgh where she was involved in all aspects of litigation. Before entering private practice, Robyn served as a law clerk to the Honorable Elizabeth Jenkins of the U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida.
- Member, Allegheny County Bar Association, 2014
- Member, Pennsylvania Bar Association, 2014
- Member, Pittsburgh Intellectual Property Law Association, 2014
- Member, Florida Bar Association, 2013
Honors and Achievements
In law school, Robyn served as an Articles Editor for the Florida Law Review and was honored as the 2012 Gertrude Brick Outstanding Board Member, Florida Law Review. Robyn also served as judicial intern for Florida Supreme Court Justice Jorge Labarga.
Before law school, Robyn worked as a science reporter at newspapers in Pennsylvania and Florida. She wrote extensively about medicine as well as NASA’s space shuttle program, robotic exploration of the solar system and the commercial rocket launch industry. Robyn’s honors include the Charles E. Scripps Award for Distinguished Service to Literacy, American Institute of Physics Science Writing Award in Physics and Astronomy and a 1998 Science Writing Award from the American Association for the Advancement of Science.
- Adjunct Professor, “Trademark and Unfair Competition Law,” Duquesne School of Law, Spring 2015
- “Sterling Signals Tougher Scrutiny of Co worker Testimony,” Defense Digest, Vol. 21, No. 4, December 2015
- Co-Author, “Deconstructing and Reconstructing Hot News: Toward a Functional Approach,” Cardoza Law Review, June 2013 (lead article)
- J.D., University of Florida College of Law, 2012
- magna cum laude
- Order of the Coif
- Certificate in Intellectual Property Law
- Book Awards for the highest grades in seven classes, including Patent Law and Appellate Advocacy
- M.S., Journalism, Northwestern University, 1992
- B.A., Biology and Journalism/Science Writing, Lehigh University, 1991