As Chair of the Firm’s Intellectual Property Group, Noland concentrates his practice in the areas of intellectual property protection and enforcement and patent, trademark and copyright law.
Prior to joining Cohen & Grigsby, Noland served as Vice President and Chief Patent Counsel at Bayer MaterialScience LLC where he was responsible for the Patents and Licensing Department and providing intellectual property counseling services to its business and service units. Prior to becoming Chief Patent Counsel, Noland also served as a corporate lawyer providing business transactional and antitrust counseling to its business and service units. His clients benefit from his considerable experience in negotiating a wide range of patent licensing agreements utilizing his unique business legal experience, including those engaged in merger and acquisition activities.
Noland’s business experience allows him to work closely with clients to develop strategies focused on business goals to achieve the economic benefits of their intellectual property rights. He also focuses on procuring patents and commercializing client’s technology through licensing arrangements. In addition, Noland provides counseling in the areas of E-commerce and social media implementation.
Noland has significant experience in leading teams in performing due diligence projects for clients who intend to merge with, invest in or purchase companies with significant IP portfolios
Noland also serves as the Chair of firm’s Hiring Committee.
- Conversant in Mandarin Chinese
- Chair, Board of Directors, Carnegie Science Center, 2017-present
- Member, Board of Trustees, Carnegie Museums of Pittsburgh, 2017-present
- Member of Executive Committee, Board of Trustees, Carnegie Museums of Pittsburgh, 2017-present
- Board member, Carnegie Science Center, 2011-present
- Chair, Cohen & Grigsby Hiring Committee
- Member, Pittsburgh Intellectual Property Law Association
- Member, American Intellectual Property Law Association
- Member, Geneva Group International (GGI)