Marie Batz MartinDirector
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- J.D., cum laude, Duquesne University School of Law, 2007
- M.I.A, International Finance, Columbia University, 2004
- B.A., cum laude, Economics and Spanish, University of Notre Dame, 2000
- Finance for Senior Executives, Harvard Business School, 2015
Marie is a Director and a member of the Business Transaction Service Sector. In addition to providing general corporate counseling and advice, Marie focuses her practice on business and commercial transactions such as mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, joint ventures and strategic alliances for both public and private companies.
Marie joined Cohen & Grigsby from Arconic Inc. (formerly Alcoa Inc.), where she was Business Unit Counsel for Arconic Titanium & Engineered Products (formerly the public company RTI International Metals, Inc.). In Marie’s role as Business Unit Counsel, she was responsible for all of the legal needs of the business, including all commercial contracts and all labor and employment, real estate, procurement, trade compliance, environmental, litigation, insurance/risk management, compliance, antitrust and Foreign Corrupt Practices Act matters. Marie was also a member of the business unit lead team and advised executive leadership on a daily basis.
Marie also participated in and led many M&A and joint venture transactions and acquired international experience in Europe, Eastern Europe (Russia), China and Australia.
Marie began her career in finance at Goldman Sachs in New York City.
Select Representative Matters
- Corporate Development Project Leader and Lead Transaction Attorney for a $300M+ aerospace production joint venture project in Russia
- Member of lead deal team for Alcoa’s $1.5B acquisition of RTI International Metals, Inc.
- Member of lead deal team for a $500M+ high end fabricated aluminum products joint venture project in China
- Member of lead deal team for a $200M+ aerospace fasteners acquisition
- Lead attorney for a €10M foil rolling mill disposition in Spain to a German private equity firm
- Member of lead deal team for a $95M acquisition of bauxite mining and alumina refining interests from a joint venture in Suriname
- Lead attorney for two $45M+ Gulfstream aircraft acquisition
- Drafted and implemented the Arconic Inc. (Alcoa Inc.) Joint Venture Policy & Procedure (the “JV Playbook”).
- Board Member, Allies for Children
- Council Member, ACBA Banking and Business Law Section
- ACBA Women’s Institute for Leadership in Law (WILL)
- Member, Allegheny County Bar Association
- Member, Pennsylvania Bar Association
- German American Chamber of Commerce, Pittsburgh Chapter
- Notre Dame Club of Pittsburgh
- Goldman Sachs Alumni Club