Lauren Crossett is a Director in the Firm’s Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation Group. She regularly assists clients with general employee benefits matters including regulatory compliance under PPACA (health care reform), the Internal Revenue Code and ERISA; drafting plan documents, amendments, and plan summaries for tax-qualified and welfare benefit plans; and voluntary compliance matters for qualified plans under the Internal Revenue Service and Department of Labor correction programs. A significant portion of Lauren’s practice is focused on providing employee benefits advice with respect to the Firm’s merger and acquisition, private equity and mezzanine financing matters. Most recently, Lauren was selected to the 2018 Pennsylvania Super Lawyers Rising Stars list.
Prior to receiving her law degree, Lauren worked as a summer associate at Cohen & Grigsby. While attending the University of Pittsburgh School of Law, she was a legal writing teaching assistant for Professor Teresa Kissane Brostoff.
Lauren is the Chair of the Board of Trustees of Arsenal Family & Children’s Center, a local nonprofit social service agency that promotes the healthy development of children and the formation of nurturing and healthy parent-child relationships through various programs and services. Most recently, Lauren joined the New Leadership Council of the Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra.
Further, Lauren is a member of the C&G Associates Committee and a member and former president of the Colgate Alumni Club of Pittsburgh, where she is actively involved in alumni activities in the Pittsburgh area.
- Presenter, Cohen & Grigsby Workforce Solutions Seminar, “DOL Audits of ERISA Plans – Prepare Now,” October 2018
- Presenter, C&G Academy, “Controlled Groups: Hidden Pitfalls of Corporation Formation and Reorganization,” May 2017
- Presenter, Schneider Downs 2017 Employee Benefits Forum, “Prepare Now-Avoiding Benefit Plan Pitfalls in Corporate Transactions,” March 2017
- Presenter, Greater Pittsburgh Nonprofit Partnership, “Affordable Care Act: Highlights and Recent Developments,” November 2013
- Presenter, Cohen & Grigsby Labor and Employment Update Seminar, DOMA, October 2013
- Presenter, “The Time is Now-Preparing for Implementation of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act,” March 2013
- J.D., magna cum laude, University of Pittsburgh School of Law, 2011
- Order of the Coif
- University of Pittsburgh Law Review, Research Editor
- Gerald K. Gibson Memorial Award, which recognizes outstanding work in bankruptcy courses
- American Bankruptcy Institute 2011 Medal of Excellence
- Law School Trial Advocacy Award
- CALI Award in Bankruptcy, Advanced Bankruptcy, and Cyberspace Law
- B.A., summa cum laude, Sociology and Anthropology, Colgate University, 2008
- Phi Beta Kappa