Laura is an Associate in the Firm’s Energy & Environmental Group. She has experience providing compliance counseling involving the Clean Air Act, Clean Water Act, Resource Conservation and Recovery Act, Superfund, and many state statutes and regulations, including in-depth experience with Pennsylvania’s oil and gas laws and regulations.
Laura helps clients navigate through the complex array of regulations that impact day-to-day business, providing pragmatic advice to quantify and manage risk. She provides innovative solutions to environmental and other regulatory challenges, advocating for clients during rulemaking and policy development processes, appearing for clients before regulatory agencies, and handling enforcement actions.
Laura advises clients on permitting, regulatory developments, due diligence, risk assessment, and other regulatory developments. She also advises clients on how to proactively achieve and maintain compliance to control costs and manage environmental and other regulatory liabilities.
Laura is experienced in partnering with environmental consultants, engineers, and other experts to provide optimized efficiency and technologically sound results. She has previously held positions as in-house regulatory compliance counsel and as environmental compliance and regulatory policy manager for two major independent oil and gas exploration companies. Prior to becoming an attorney, Laura was an industrial market analyst, whose duties included transactional due diligence, strategy consulting, and market analytics.
- Chair, Allegheny County Bar Association Section of Environmental and Energy
- Chair, Women’s Energy Network Appalachia Chapter, Continuing Education
- J.D., University of Pittsburgh School of Law, 2012
- Pittsburgh Journal of Technology Law and Policy
- Dean’s and Merit Scholarships
- Center for International Legal Education Fellow
- University of Pittsburgh International Nationality Room Scholar
- B.S., summa cum laude, Business Administration with Minor in Intercultural Communications, Robert Morris University, 2005
- University Honors College