Laura helps companies navigate the complex array of federal and state environmental regulations and other regulatory schemes impacting both their day-to-day business and their strategic decisions. She provides clients with pragmatic advice to identify, quantify and manage risk, and offers innovative solutions to their environmental and regulatory challenges. She defends clients in enforcement actions and advocates for them in federal and state agency rulemaking and policy development.
Previously in-house regulatory compliance counsel and environmental compliance and regulatory policy manager for two major independent oil and gas exploration companies, Laura brings her business-focused perspective, extensive practical knowledge and experience, and the ability to synthesize complex technical issues to her work helping clients achieve their business objectives within challenging and often-evolving regulatory frameworks.
Laura advises clients on permitting, transactional due diligence and risk assessment involving federal laws and regulations, including the Clean Air Act, Clean Water Act, Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA), Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation, and Liability Act (CERCLA), as well as state regulatory schemes, including Pennsylvania’s environmental and energy laws and regulations. She helps clients proactively avoid regulatory pitfalls, achieve and maintain compliance, control costs and manage environmental and other regulatory liabilities.
In addition to her work on behalf of clients, Laura serves in a number of leadership roles, including as chair of the Allegheny County Bar Association Section of Environmental and Energy and the Continuing Education Committee of the Women’s Energy Network, Appalachia Chapter.
Prior to becoming an attorney, Laura worked as an industrial market analyst, providing transactional due diligence, strategy consulting and market analytics.
- Chair, Allegheny County Bar Association Section of Environmental and Energy
- Chair, Continuing Education Committee, Women’s Energy Network Appalachia Chapter
- J.D., University of Pittsburgh School of Law, 2012
- Pittsburgh Journal of Technology Law and Policy
- Dean’s and Merit Scholarships
- Center for International Legal Education Fellow
- University of Pittsburgh International Nationality Room Scholar
- B.S., summa cum laude, Business Administration with Minor in Intercultural Communications, Robert Morris University, 2005
- University Honors College