Katie R. JacobsDirector
Katie is a Director in the Litigation Group. She is experienced in a wide range of commercial litigation matters affecting clients across a number of industries. She represents companies in the metals, manufacturing, transportation and energy sectors. Katie represents clients in contract disputes, employment matters, as well as construction and insurance coverage litigation. She also counsels and advises clients to avoid litigation altogether and to obtain quick, effective and favorable resolutions whenever possible.
Katie has represented clients in all stages of litigation and trial. For instance, she recently obtained a bench verdict in a contract dispute brought by a publicly traded corporation against one of its customers. In another recent case, she represented several shareholders of a software development company asserting fiduciary- and contract- based claims against one of the company’s former officers, resulting in a multi-million dollar jury verdict in her clients’ favor.
Katie also assists the Sports & Exhibition Authority of Pittsburgh and Allegheny County (SEA) on a variety of procurement issues. Finally, Katie also counsels clients on Right to Know Law issues related to government contracts, applications to governmental agencies and other third-party agreements with governmental entities.
Katie is a member of the Firm’s Hiring and Diversity & Inclusion Committees and is actively involved in the community. She proudly and actively supports many extraordinary nonprofit, community and cultural organizations:
- Member, Robert Morris University Board of Trustees
- Board Member, Greater Pittsburgh Arts Council
- Chair, Cohen & Grigsby Summer Associate Program
- Member, Cohen & Grigsby Diversity & Inclusion Committee
- Member, Cohen & Grigsby Hiring Committee
- Member, Allegheny County Bar Association (ACBA)
- Member, ACBA Judiciary Committee
- Mentor, University of Pittsburgh School of Law BLSA Footprints Mentorship Program
- Former Member, Cohen & Grigsby Associates Committee
- Former Treasurer, ACBA Homer S. Brown Division
- Former Board Member, Pittsburgh Urban Magnet Project (PUMP)
- Presenter, C&G Academy, “Advantages and Pitfalls of Becoming an MBE/WBE/DBE,” January 2018
- Faculty Member, “Next Steps for Medical Marijuana in Pennsylvania,” PBI seminar, Pittsburgh, October 2017
- Presenter, C&G Academy, “Harassment & Ethics Seminar: Policies and Issues for the Law Firm,” October 2017
- Sister2Sister Panel, 49th Annual Mid-Atlantic Black Law Students Association Convention, November 18, 2017
- Presenter, C&G Academy, “Drafting an Effective Settlement Agreement,” December 2016