Julie A. PatterAssociate
Julie is an Associate in the Litigation Group. Her practice centers on commercial litigation in both state and federal courts, where she has represented clients on a wide variety of matters, including complex commercial disputes, general breach of contract actions, trade secret and non-competition covenant disputes, and stock and asset purchase agreement disputes. She has appeared before courts in Pennsylvania and Ohio to argue both preliminary and discovery issues. Julie has also defended a major auto manufacturer before more than a dozen arbitration panels of the Allegheny Court of Common Pleas.
Julie’s practice includes extensive legal research, drafting complex pleadings and motions before state and federal courts, articulating litigation strategy, and trial preparation. She is also experienced in witness preparation, deposition execution, mediation, and settlement negotiation.
Julie is a member of the Pennsylvania Bar Association and the Allegheny County Bar Association. She is admitted to practice law in Pennsylvania and the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania.
Julie was a summer associate at Cohen & Grigsby in 2011. Prior to attending law school at University of Virginia, Julie graduated with honors from Ohio State University, where she studied psychology and international studies.
- Student Attorney, Family Resource Clinic, University of Virginia School of Law, August 2011-May 2012
- Summer Associate, Cohen & Grigsby, P.C., May 2011-August 2011
- Legal Extern, Office of the Ohio Attorney General, Executive Agencies Section, May 2010-July 2010
- Member, Board of Directors, United Way of Southwestern Pennsylvania
- Executive Committee Member
- Co-Chair, LINC/Next Gen Committee, United Way of Southwestern Pennsylvania
- Member, Allegheny County Bar Association
- Selected to the 2019 Pennsylvania Super Lawyers Rising Stars list for Business Litigation
- Allegheny County Bar Foundation Young Lawyers Fellow
- J.D., University of Virginia School of Law, 2012
- Virginia Law Academic Scholarship
- Production Editor, Articles Review Board, The Virginia Journal of Criminal Law
- William Minor Lile Moot Court
- Treasurer, Virginia Law Women
- Pro Bono Certificate of Recognition
- B.A., cum laude, The Ohio State University, 2009
- University Scholarship
- The Ohio State University Honors Program
- Study Abroad Programs: Florence, Paris and London