- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 3rd and 4th Circuits
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- J.D., Georgetown University Law Center, 2001
- B.A., magna cum laude, Wellesley College, 1996
Jennifer is a Director in the Labor & Employment and Litigation Groups at the Firm. She is also the Firm’s Chair of Diversity and Associate Development.
Jennifer defends corporate clients in the defense of all manner of employment discrimination claims under federal and Pennsylvania law including, but not limited to, claims under the Family Medical Leave Act of 1973, the Pregnancy Discrimination Act, the ADEA, the ADA Amendments Act of 2008 and Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964.
Jennifer also defends businesses in mobility and accessibility class action lawsuits filed in the Western District of Pennsylvania under the ADA.
Jennifer also represents corporate clients in the areas of complex business and commercial litigation including commercial lease disputes as well as contract and business tort disputes involving service agreements, distribution agreements, purchase agreements, technology license agreements, and shareholder agreements.
Jennifer serves as lead local counsel in Western Pennsylvania for a large automobile manufacturer, managing a team of attorneys in breach of warranty suits.
Select Representative Matters
Jennifer’s representation includes the following matters:
- Represents franchisor in nationwide class action alleging disability discrimination based on mobility and accessibility theories
- Lead trial counsel of team that secured summary judgment victory in favor of entity and multiple individual Defendants on all claims (Title VII, PHRA, Rehab Act, ADA, and FMLA) in pregnancy discrimination case before Chief Judge Mark R. Hornak of the United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- Successfully defended corporations against federal employment discrimination claims based on race, gender, age, ethnicity, and ADA and FMLA violations
- Lead counsel in corporate workplace investigations involving claims of harassment, retaliation and other policy violations
- Obtained a verdict on behalf of a governmental agency in a bench trial
- Successfully defended a majority shareholder against a minority shareholder in a one week preliminary injunction hearing before the Court of Common Pleas of Allegheny County (Commerce and Complex Litigation Center)
- Successfully represented a business owner in a jury trial against an architectural firm for professional negligence in the Court of Common Pleas of Allegheny County, which resulted in a verdict in favor of the client
- Obtained a common law arbitration award enforcing settlement, dismissing claimant’s action, and awarding attorneys’ fees and costs on behalf of a manufacturing client, which was confirmed by the Court of Common Pleas of Allegheny County
- Negotiated a favorable settlement on behalf of a guarantor in a multi-million dollar commercial loan dispute
- Successfully represented corporate clients in embezzlement suits against former employees
- In 2018, Jennifer was appointed to a 3-year term on the ACBA Federal Court Section Council
- In 2018, Jennifer was appointed to the Board of Directors of the Pittsburgh Legal Diversity and Inclusion Coalition, a nonprofit corporation comprised of law firms, corporations and universities committed to fostering regional economic growth through the hiring, retention and inclusion of qualified diverse attorneys
- Since 2017, Jennifer has served on the E-Discovery Team of a large corporation
- Since 2016, Jennifer has served as the Firm’s Director of Diversity and Inclusion
- Since 2012, Jennifer has served on the Firm’s Talent Management Team
Honors and Achievements
- Selected to the Pennsylvania Super Lawyers Rising Stars list – 2010, 2011, 2013 and 2014
- 2010 Strathmore’s Who’s Who
Speaking and Other Engagements
- Co-Presenter, “Pregnancy Discrimination: Claims and Defenses,” Cohen & Grigsby CLE Day, April 2019
- Co-Presenter, Security Threat Assessment and Response Team (START™), joint panel discussion on workplace violence with a focus on the active shooter situation, May 2018
- Co-Presenter, “Workplace Violence: Awareness of Risks and Management,” Cohen & Grigsby CLE Day, April 2018
- Presenter, “Sexual Harassment Training and Considerations for the Performing Arts Industry,” National Alliance for Musical Theater (NAMT), April 2018
- Presenter, C&G Academy, “Workplace Violence: Awareness of Risks and Management,” December 2017
- Co-Presenter, PBI, “Intersection of Social Media and Politics in the Workplace,” November 2017
- Planner and Presenter, C&G Harassment & Ethics Seminar, October 2017
- Co-Presenter, C&G Academy, “Employers Beware: Intersection of Politics and Social Media in the Workplace,” June 2017
- Presenter, C&G Academy, “Developments in Transgender Bathroom Laws: Ramifications for the Workplace,” November 2016