Jennifer currently serves as the Firm’s Director of Diversity & Inclusion and is a Director in the Labor & Employment and Litigation Groups at the Firm.
Jennifer defends corporate clients in the defense of all manner of employment discrimination claims under federal and Pennsylvania law including, but not limited to, claims under the Family Medical Leave Act of 1973, the Pregnancy Discrimination Act, the ADA Amendments Act of 2008 and Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964.
Jennifer also represents corporate clients in the areas of complex business and commercial litigation including commercial lease disputes as well as contract and business tort disputes involving service agreements, distribution agreements, purchase agreements, technology license agreements, and shareholder agreements.
Select Recent Representative Matters
Jennifer’s recent representation includes the following commercial matters:
- Successfully defended a majority shareholder against a minority shareholder in a one week preliminary injunction hearing before the Court of Common Pleas of Allegheny County (Commerce and Complex Litigation Center)
- Successfully represented a business owner in a jury trial against an architectural firm for professional negligence in the Court of Common Pleas of Allegheny County, which resulted in a verdict in favor of the client
- Obtained a common law arbitration award enforcing settlement, dismissing claimant’s action, and awarding attorneys’ fees and costs on behalf of a manufacturing client, which was confirmed by the Court of Common Pleas of Allegheny County
- Negotiated a favorable settlement on behalf of a guarantor in a multi-million dollar commercial loan dispute
- Defended corporations against federal employment discrimination claims based on race, gender, ethnicity and the Family and Medical Leave Act of 1993
- Successfully represented corporate clients in corporate embezzlement suits against former employees
Since 2012, Jennifer has served as a member of the Firm’s Talent Management Team, which reviews, develops and implements programs and policies for Associates.
In 2010, Jennifer served as a member of an Associate focus group to develop ideas and programs for Associate professional development.
In 2010, Jennifer served as a member of the Library Committee, which reviewed the Firm’s library subscriptions, electronic and other resources to develop a strategic plan to enhance and expand the library’s information technology capabilities.
Honors and Achievements
- Selected to the Pennsylvania Super Lawyers Rising Stars list – 2010, 2011, 2013 and 2014
- 2010 Strathmore Who’s Who
- Presenter, C&G Academy, “Workplace Violence: Awareness of Risks and Management,” December 2017
- Co-Presenter, PBI, “Intersection of Social Media and Politics in the Workplace,” November 2017
- Co-Presenter, C&G Academy, “Employers Beware: Intersection of Politics and Social Media in the Workplace,” June 2017
- Presenter, C&G Academy, “Developments in Transgender Bathroom Laws: Ramifications for the Workplace,” November 2016