Jennifer is a Director in the Labor & Employment and Litigation Groups at the Firm.
Jennifer defends corporate clients in the defense of all manner of employment discrimination claims under federal and Pennsylvania law including, but not limited to, claims under the Family Medical Leave Act of 1973, the Pregnancy Discrimination Act, the ADEA, the ADA Amendments Act of 2008 and Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964.
Jennifer also represents corporate clients in the areas of complex business and commercial litigation including commercial lease disputes as well as contract and business tort disputes involving service agreements, distribution agreements, purchase agreements, technology license agreements, and shareholder agreements.
Jennifer serves as lead local counsel in Western Pennsylvania for a large automobile manufacturer, managing a team of attorneys in breach of warranty suits.
Select Representative Matters
Jennifer’s representation includes the following matters:
- Successfully defended corporations against federal employment discrimination claims based on race, gender, age, ethnicity, and ADA and FMLA violations
- Obtained a verdict on behalf of a governmental agency in a bench trial
- Successfully defended a majority shareholder against a minority shareholder in a one week preliminary injunction hearing before the Court of Common Pleas of Allegheny County (Commerce and Complex Litigation Center)
- Successfully represented a business owner in a jury trial against an architectural firm for professional negligence in the Court of Common Pleas of Allegheny County, which resulted in a verdict in favor of the client
- Obtained a common law arbitration award enforcing settlement, dismissing claimant’s action, and awarding attorneys’ fees and costs on behalf of a manufacturing client, which was confirmed by the Court of Common Pleas of Allegheny County
- Negotiated a favorable settlement on behalf of a guarantor in a multi-million dollar commercial loan dispute
- Successfully represented corporate clients in embezzlement suits against former employees
Jennifer currently serves as the Firm’s Director of Diversity & Inclusion and the Firm representative in the Pittsburgh Legal Diversity and Inclusion Coalition.
Since 2012, Jennifer has served as a member of the Firm’s Talent Management Team, which reviews, develops and implements programs and policies for Associates.
In 2010, Jennifer served as a member of an Associate focus group to develop ideas and programs for Associate professional development.
In 2010, Jennifer served as a member of the Library Committee, which reviewed the Firm’s library subscriptions, electronic and other resources to develop a strategic plan to enhance and expand the library’s information technology capabilities.
Honors and Achievements
- Selected to the Pennsylvania Super Lawyers Rising Stars list – 2010, 2011, 2013 and 2014
- 2010 Strathmore Who’s Who
Speaking and Other Engagements
- Since 2017, she has served on the E-Discovery Team of a large corporation
- Presenter, “Sexual Harassment Training and Considerations for the Performing Arts Industry,” National Alliance for Musical Theater (NAMT), April 2018
- Presenter, C&G Academy, “Workplace Violence: Awareness of Risks and Management,” December 2017
- Co-Presenter, PBI, “Intersection of Social Media and Politics in the Workplace,” November 2017
- Planner and Presenter, C&G Harassment & Ethics Seminar, October 2017
- Co-Presenter, C&G Academy, “Employers Beware: Intersection of Politics and Social Media in the Workplace,” June 2017
- Presenter, C&G Academy, “Developments in Transgender Bathroom Laws: Ramifications for the Workplace,” November 2016