Jeffrey T. BerkeyAssociate
Jeff regularly assists clients with mergers and acquisitions, debt financing, and general corporate matters. Jeff is part of an active M&A practice that includes complex transaction structuring, due diligence, drafting, negotiating with opposing counsel and closings.
In addition, he is involved in the comprehensive representation of private equity and mezzanine funds that often involves leveraged buyouts, non-control investments, mezzanine financing and portfolio company transactions. Prior to receiving his law degree, he worked as a summer associate at Cohen & Grigsby.
Jeff regularly drafts, reviews and comments on stock and asset purchase agreements, limited liability company agreements and ancillary agreements for strategic acquisitions and divestitures. He has performed numerous comprehensive due diligence investigative reviews with respect to various target companies for corporate clients. Jeff also drafts corporate governance documents, including articles of incorporation, bylaws and stockholder agreements.
- Summer Associate, Cohen & Grigsby, P.C., 2012
- Legal Intern, Matthews International Corporation, 2011
- Law Clerk, Fike, Cascio, & Boose Law Firm, 2010, 2007, and 2006
- Peer Tutor, Juniata College, Fall/Spring 2009-2010
- Intern, Ceisler Media and Issue Advocacy, 2009
- Intern, Laurel Highlands Financial Services Firm, 2007
- J.D., summa cum laude, Duquesne University School of Law, Pittsburgh, 2013
- B.A., magna cum laude, Business Management and Politics, Juniata College, 2010