J. Katherine DrabeckiDirector
Kate is a member of the Immigration Group, where she provides counsel on employment-based temporary and permanent visa categories to small and medium-sized for-profit organizations and large multinational companies, as well as on family-based permanent residence applications to individual clients and exclusion/deportation defense. Kate’s clients include companies in such industries as chemicals, pharmaceuticals, healthcare, financial services, engineering, information technology, and agriculture.
Kate advises employers on a wide variety of immigration issues, including both immigrant and nonimmigrant visa options; labor certification (PERM) and EB-1 visas as well as EB-2 National Interest Waivers. Her nonimmigrant visa practice focuses on L-1, H-1B, and O-1 visas for scientists, athletes, musicians, and engineers. Kate also has experience with H-2A and H-2B visas. She practices before United States Citizenship and Immigration Services, U.S. Department of Labor, U.S. Department of State, U.S. Consulates, U.S. Administrative Appeals Office and related government agencies.
Prior to joining Cohen & Grigsby, Kate was an associate at a small immigration firm in Pittsburgh.
- Spanish: intermediate speaking, reading, and writing skills
- Polish: beginner speaking, reading, and writing skills
- Board Member, Bach Choir of Pittsburgh
- Member, American Immigration Lawyers Association
- Member, Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra New Leadership Council
- Former Member, C&G Associates Committee
- Selected to the Pennsylvania Super Lawyers Rising Stars list