- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 3rd Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- J.D., University of Virginia School of Law, 2010
- B.A., summa cum laude, History, West Virginia University, 2007
Ingrid focuses her complex commercial litigation practice on disputes over contracts, trade secrets, unfair competition, mergers and acquisitions, shareholder rights, eminent domain, and procurement law. Ingrid has experience defending clients against claims under the federal Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA). Ingrid also represents commercial clients pursuing insurance coverage claims.
Ingrid’s experience spans all stages of pre-litigation and litigation in state and federal trial and appellate courts as well as through alternative dispute resolution proceedings. She counsels clients over the lifecycle of business disputes, offering guidance to avoid litigation, advocacy throughout active litigation, and representation in appellate proceedings as necessary. Ingrid has successfully represented clients at trial, arbitration hearings, evidentiary hearings, preliminary injunction proceedings, mediation proceedings, and administrative hearings.
- Represented manufacturing company in multi-million dollar Lanham Act unfair competition suit against competitor, securing expert exclusion victories and defeating summary judgment motion creating new law within the Fifth Circuit, where the court held that presumptions may be used to satisfy Lanham Act’s causation requirement. See Robroy Industries-Texas, LLC and Robroy Industries, Inc. v. Thomas & Betts Corporation, No. 2:15-512, 2017 WL 1370545 and 2017 WL 1319553 (E.D. Tex. Apr. 10, 2017).
- Successfully represented radio company in litigation regarding the alleged fraudulent procurement of media rights and other state contracts at West Virginia’s flagship university. West Virginia Radio Corporation v. West Virginia University Board of Governors, et al., 13-C-468, Court of Common Pleas of Monongalia County, West Virginia, Business Court Division.
- Represented national company at American Arbitration Association hearing of multi-million dollar breach of contract and tort claims.
- Obtained entry of summary judgment on claims brought against client relating to the applicability and enforcement of a partnership agreement in a dispute between business associates involving complex partnership, tax, and estates law issues.
- Represented Fortune 500 Company in international theft of trade secrets and corporate espionage suit, managing several third-party discovery disputes in federal courts nationwide.
- Negotiated favorable multi-million dollar settlement of a dispute between real estate investors involving numerous properties owned by multiple corporate entities.
- Settled on favorable terms a breach of warranty and products liability lawsuit brought by homeowners association and developer involving 100-unit condominium building, concluding more than five years of contentious litigation.
- Narrowed consumer claims against national company under federal and state law through motions practice and successfully negotiated favorable settlement of remaining Telephone Consumer Protection Act claims.
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Allegheny County Bar Association Young Lawyers Division
- German American Chamber of Commerce, Pittsburgh Chapter
- University of Virginia Alumni Club, Pittsburgh Chapter
- Junior League of Pittsburgh Community Impact Committee, 2015-2017
- City of Pittsburgh Summer of Learn & Earn Clothing Drive Committee, 2015
Honors & Achievements
- Leadership Pittsburgh Leadership Development Initiative Class of XXIV Graduate
- Workflow Coordinator, Cohen & Grigsby Summer Associate Program
- Author, “The Retroactivity of TCPA Regulations and Amendments,” January 2018
- Author, “Reply ‘STOP’ to opt-out,” December 2017
- “The ABC’s of the TCPA,” C&G Academy, November 2017
- Litigation Overview, C&G ‘Knowing the Firm’ Presentation, December 2015