Helen Sara WardDirector
Helen is a member of the Bankruptcy and Creditors’ Rights, Litigation and Corporate & Tax Groups. She has a diverse practice allowing her to effectively represent and guide business clients through a wide range of commercial matters, including litigation, consumer protection and regulatory compliance, and the enforcement of creditors’ rights.
Helen’s experience includes litigating and representing clients in commercial contract disputes, individual and corporate tax appeals, bankruptcy and bankruptcy-related matters, foreclosure, debt recovery, construction disputes, mechanics’ lien claims, and land use and zoning appeals, for a wide array of clients, including those in the manufacturing, construction, real estate, commercial lending, retail and professional services. Helen has likewise counseled clients in day-to-day corporate matters, corporate governance, and contract transactions. She regularly advises clients on federal and state credit and consumer protection laws, including the Equal Credit Opportunity Act, Fair Debt Collections Practices Act, the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and state consumer protection statutes and their related compliance efforts and training programs. She works with clients to develop policies, procedures, and assessments of risks.
- Member of the Board of Directors of The Lighthouse Foundation (a non-profit, Christian organization dedicated to meeting the basic needs of food, housing and transportation for the disadvantaged in communities in both Butler and Allegheny County)
- Member, Western Pennsylvania Bankruptcy Inns of Court
- Council Member, Allegheny County Bar Association Bankruptcy and Commercial Law Section
- United Way Women’s Leadership Council
- Helen has been selected by her peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America