Helen Sara WardDirector
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 3rd Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- J.D., cum laude, Order of the Coif, University of Pittsburgh School of Law, 2006
- B.A., summa cum laude, Criminology/English, Indiana University of Pennsylvania, 2003
Helen is a member of the Bankruptcy and Creditors’ Rights, Litigation and Corporate & Tax Groups. She has a diverse practice allowing her to effectively represent and guide business clients through a wide range of commercial matters, including bankruptcy, litigation, consumer protection and regulatory compliance, and the enforcement of creditors’ rights.
Helen’s experience includes litigating and representing clients in bankruptcy and bankruptcy-related matters, foreclosure, debt recovery, commercial contract disputes, individual and corporate tax appeals, construction disputes and mechanics’ lien claims, for a wide array of clients, including those in the manufacturing, media and publishing, commercial lending, healthcare, construction, real estate, retail and professional services industries. Helen has likewise counseled clients in day-to-day corporate matters, corporate governance, and contract transactions. She regularly advises clients on federal and state credit and consumer protection laws, including the Equal Credit Opportunity Act, Fair Debt Collections Practices Act, the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and state consumer protection statutes and their related compliance efforts and training programs. She works with clients to develop policies, procedures, and assessments of risks.
- President of the Board of Directors of The Lighthouse Foundation (a non-profit, Christian organization dedicated to meeting the basic needs of food, housing and transportation for the disadvantaged in communities in both Butler and Allegheny County)
- Council Member, Allegheny County Bar Association Bankruptcy and Commercial Law Section
- Helen has been selected by her peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America in the field of Bankruptcy Litigation
- Helen is a recipient of the Allegheny County District Attorney’s Women of Achievement Awards