Frank W. Kimmel Jr.Associate
- J.D., cum laude, University of Pittsburgh School of Law, 2013
- M.B.A., summa cum laude, Katz Graduate School of Business, University of Pittsburgh, 2013
- B.S., summa cum laude, Business Administration - Finance, University of Pittsburgh, 2010
- B.A., summa cum laude, History, University of Pittsburgh, 2010
Frank is an Associate in the Firm’s Corporate & Tax Practice Group and focuses his practice on corporate, partnership, and business tax planning. Frank has experience involving various federal, state, and international tax issues, including mergers, acquisitions, dispositions, joint ventures, and restructurings.
Prior to joining the Firm, Frank was a senior associate in Mergers and Acquisition Tax at PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP (PwC). In that role, he advised clients on the U.S. tax consequences of commercial transactions, performed tax due diligence, and analyzed tax structuring aspects of mergers, acquisitions, and reorganizations. He has extensive experience representing clients in the pharmaceutical, manufacturing, education, retail, private equity, and energy sectors.
- Presenter, “An Examination of Federal Tax Reform,” Allegheny County Bar Association Tax Section, January 2018
- Presenter, “U.S. Tax Reform Update: International Changes?,” Allegheny County Bar Association Tax Section, January 2017