Felix’s practice focuses on advising foreign entities and individuals on relocating to and doing business in the United States. He is a business attorney focused on counseling clients on general contract and corporate matters, business formation, real estate and immigration issues.
He is licensed to practice law in Germany (Rechtsanwalt), New York and Florida. Fluent in German (native speaker), Felix’s experience practicing law both domestically and outside the United States brings a unique perspective to international clients and their transactions.
Felix is a member of the Global Advisory Services Team (GAST), and joined Cohen & Grigsby as an Associate in the Corporate & Tax Group in 2008.
Prior to joining Cohen & Grigsby, Felix worked at McKee Nelson in Washington, D.C. managing a tax litigation team on behalf of an international pharmaceutical corporation involved in landmark international tax litigation filed in the U.S. Tax Court.
He was an attorney at Eckert Seamans Cherin & Mellott in Pittsburgh from 2002-2005 on the German Litigation Team involved with a major transnational pharmaceutical litigation.
From 1999-2001, Felix completed his required state apprenticeship to practice law in Munich, Germany. His apprenticeship included positions in the public and private legal sector, such as at the Foreign Commercial Services of the American Consulate General, the Munich State Attorney’s Office and a clerkship with Judge Popp-Lossau at the LG Munchen I (District Court).
- Member, Florida State Bar Association
- Member, Munich Bar Association
- Member, German-American Lawyers Association
- Member, Catholic Fraternity Aenania
- Past President and Director, United Arts Council of Collier County
- Board Member, the German American Business Chamber of South Florida
- Member, Leadership Collier Foundation Alumni Association
- Board Member, Collier Child Care Resources, Inc. (CCCR)
- Recipient of Gulfshore Business’ 40 Under 40, 2012
- Graduate of Leadership Collier Program, 2014
- Written several articles for Florida Sun Magazine
- Featured in the March 2011 article “Advokat Cum Laude”
- Co-Author “USA-Studienfuhrer fur Juristen,” for the German-American Lawyers Association, 2005
- Contributed to the book “American Legal English,” published by the University of Michigan Press, 1999