Felix’s practice focuses on advising foreign entities and individuals on relocating to and doing business in the United States. He is a business attorney focused on counseling clients on general contract and corporate matters, business formation, real estate and immigration issues.
He is licensed to practice law in Germany (Rechtsanwalt) and Florida. Fluent in German and conversational in Italian, Felix’s experience practicing law both domestically and outside the United States brings a unique perspective to international clients and their transactions.
Felix joined Cohen & Grigsby as an Associate in the Corporate & Tax Group in 2008.
Prior to joining Cohen & Grigsby, Felix worked at McKee Nelson in Washington, D.C. managing a tax litigation team on behalf of an international pharmaceutical corporation involved in landmark international tax litigation filed in the U.S. Tax Court.
He was an attorney at Eckert Seamans Cherin & Mellott in Pittsburgh from 2002-2005 on the German Litigation Team involved with a major transnational pharmaceutical litigation.
From 1999-2001, Felix completed his required state apprenticeship to practice law in Munich, Germany. His apprenticeship included positions in the public and private legal sector such as at the law firm Nachmann & Kollegen, the Foreign Commercial Services of the American Consulate General, the County Administration Weilheim-Schongau, the Munich State Attorney’s Office and a clerkship with Judge Popp-Lossau in the LG Munchen I (High Court).
Felix has also worked as a law clerk at the McLean County State Attorney’s Office in Bloomington, Illinois, where he performed a variety of duties, including screening domestic violence cases for prosecution.
- Member, Florida State Bar Association
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Munich Bar Association
- Member, German-American Lawyers Association
- Member, Catholic Fraternity Aenania
- President and director, United Arts Council of Collier County
- Board Member, the German American Business Chamber of South Florida
- Named as one of Gulfshore Business’ 40 Under 40 recipients, 2012
- Graduate of Leadership Collier College, 2014
- Co-Author “USA-Studienfuhrer fur Juristen,” for the German-American Lawyers Association, 2005
- Contributed to the book “American Legal English,” published by the University of Michigan Press, 1999
- Written several articles for Florida Sun Magazine
- Featured in the March 2011 article “Advoket Cum Laude”