Christopher E. MyersDirector
Chris’ practice focuses on complex commercial transactions, including everything from mergers and acquisitions to pharmaceutical and biotechnology licensing agreements. He is a Director and a member of the Corporate & Tax, Commercial Lending, Mergers and Acquisitions, and Real Estate Groups.
Chris primarily deals with business formation, corporate law, international and domestic supply arrangements, pharmaceutical, and biotechnology licensing as well as mergers, acquisitions, and divestitures. He began working at Cohen & Grigsby as an Associate in 2000 and was promoted to Director in 2007.
While attending law school, he worked as a legal intern at Bayer Corporation from 1998 to 2000. He was a legal intern at the U.S. Department of Justice in Washington, D.C. in 1997.
Honors and Achievements
Chris was selected to the 2008 Pennsylvania Super Lawyers Rising Stars list. The selection process includes peer nominations and independent research on candidates.
- Strategic acquisition by global cropscience company of crop protection and land management business assets for international markets
- Strategic acquisition by NYSE-traded manufacturer and designer of office systems and accessories for office, home and higher education settings of privately held luxury brand furnishings company
- Sale by private equity fund of professional and consumer eyewear accessories company
- Sale of privately held manufacturer of windows and doors for the commercial building and construction market
- Research collaboration for global pharmaceutical company for the research and development of antibody-drug conjugates
- Sale by international chemicals company of its global powder polyester resins business and its U.S.-based liquid polyester resins merchant business
- Research collaboration for global cropscience company for the breeding and development of soybean germplasm
- Strategic acquisition by privately held specialty coatings and chemicals company of manufacturer of coatings for the general industrial and packaging industries
- Research collaboration for global pharmaceutical company for the research and development of cancer inhibitor compounds
- General business representation of privately held regional highway construction and maintenance business
- Sale by international healthcare company of its interventional device business
- Research collaboration for global pharmaceutical company for the research and development of therapeutic antibodies
- General business representation of internationally recognized solar system manufacturer
- Sale of privately held conveyor belt sales and services business to an international conveyor belt manufacturer
- Strategic acquisition by NYSE-traded coal and natural gas company of privately held coal company and approximately 200 million tons of low-sulfur coal reserves