Blaine’s practice is primarily focused on the acquisition, sale, development and leasing of real estate. He also practices in the corporate, transactional and logistics areas.
Blaine has represented and counseled private and public commercial and industrial users and developers of land regarding various real estate issues, including counseling in a variety of related general corporate, financing and tax planning matters. In addition, he represents landlords and tenants focusing on office buildings, light industrial facilities and shopping centers. Blaine is active in providing advice regarding land acquisition, zoning, subdivision, easements, licenses, transfer tax and other land development matters. He also has experience in the acquisition and disposition of office, apartment, industrial and shopping center properties. In addition, he has worked on a number of public-private partnerships in connection with various development and redevelopment projects, including working with local, state and federal agencies for various approvals as well as funds for development.
Blaine represents clients in a variety of corporate and transactional matters as well as the negotiation of various commercial contracts.
Blaine also represents various warehouse operators with respect to land acquisition, leasing, compliance, logistics, transloading and warehouseman’s lien matters.
Prior to joining Cohen & Grigsby, Blaine was a partner in the Pittsburgh office of K&L Gates LLP.
Recent Representative Transactions
- Assist Fortune 500 company with leasing of industrial space throughout the United States
- Represent major steel manufacturing company with respect to new headquarters lease
- Assist oil and gas company with office lease for Midwestern region headquarters
- Represent developer of a sports and golf recreation facility regarding acquisition, development, zoning, financing, operations, naming rights, corporate planning and day-to-day operational matters
- Chair, Cohen & Grigsby Hiring Committee
- Member, Cohen & Grigsby Diversity & Inclusion Committee
- Treasurer, Allegheny County Bar Association, Real Property Section, 2017-2018
- Past Chair, Cohen & Grigsby Summer Associate Program
- Board Member and Real Estate Committee Member, Bridgeway Capital
- Real Property Section Council, Allegheny County Bar Association
- Member, National Association of Industrial and Office Properties, Western Pennsylvania Chapter and currently serving on Chapter’s Transportation Committee
- Member, Allegheny County Bar Association, Real Property Section
- Member, Pennsylvania Bar Association, Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section
- Member, Geneva Group International (GGI)
- Vice Chairman, Town of McCandless Zoning Hearing Board, 1999-2014
- Community Representative, North Allegheny School Board Strategic Plan Review, 2011
- Trustee & Vice Chairman, North Allegheny Foundation, 2004-2006
- Graduate, Leadership Development Initiative IX, 2002 Pittsburgh
- Selected by his peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers of America in the field of Real Estate Law