Alex M. LaceyDirector
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 3rd Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. Supreme Court
- J.D., cum laude, The University of Michigan School of Law, 2012
- B.S.F.S., cum laude, International Politics, Georgetown University School of Foreign Service, 2007
Alex is a Director in the Litigation and Public Affairs Groups. His practice focuses on commercial litigation, land use applications and public regulatory practice. Alex regularly appears before both Pennsylvania trial and appellate courts. Additionally, Alex regularly practices before multiple state and local agencies and administrative bodies. Alex has tried matters for a wide variety of clients – from individual land owners to Fortune 500 companies.
Alex’s experience extends beyond the courtroom. Since 2013, Alex has been a PBI faculty member, first lecturing on the Voting Rights Act as part of PBI’s “Pennsylvania Election Law, Campaign Finance & Lobbying Disclosure” CLE course. Additionally, Alex regularly prepares advisory opinions regarding campaign finance and lobbying activities for different community and industry advocacy groups. Alex has also lectured on legislative redistricting and Pennsylvania land use law.
Alex is admitted to practice in Pennsylvania, the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit, and the Supreme Court of the United States.
Recent Representative Cases
- Tried dozens of cases for a major auto manufacturer in Pennsylvania’s compulsory arbitration division
- Secured a quarter-million dollar verdict in a bench trial on behalf of a national products distribution company as second trial chair
- Argued and secured dismissal of a challenge to a medical marijuana company’s license before a three-judge panel of the Pennsylvania Commonwealth Court
- Counsel for waste disposal company in settlement regarding neighborhood nuisance complaints
- Counsel for Lt. Governor of Pennsylvania in successful gerrymander challenge to Pennsylvania’s congressional map
- Counsel for multiple candidates successfully defending ballot access challenges before Pennsylvania election courts
- Counsel for numerous land development companies in zoning appeals before the Pennsylvania Commonwealth Court
- Member, Cohen & Grigsby Diversity & Inclusion Committee
- Member, Allegheny County Bar Association
Alex is a 2012 cum laude graduate of the University of Michigan Law School and a 2007 cum laude graduate of the Georgetown University School of Foreign Service, where he studied international politics.