Alan is a Director and a member of the Estates and Trusts Group. Alan has been servicing clients in the area of trusts and estates for several decades. As Florida Bar Board Certified, Wills, Trust and Estates since 1989, he focuses on estate planning, probate law, family limited partnerships, private foundations and prenuptial agreements.
Prior to joining Cohen & Grigsby, Alan was a partner at Garlick, Hilfiker & Swift, LLP of Naples, Florida.
- Fellow, American College of Trusts & Estates Counsel
- Member, Collier County Bar Association
- Trustee, University of Rochester, 1988-Present
- Director, Florida SouthWestern State College Foundation, 2012-Present
- Chairman of the Board, Board and Executive Committee Member, Philharmonic Center for the Arts, Inc., Naples, Florida, 1988-2012
- Co-Author, “Florida Estate Practice Guide, Lawyers Cooperative Publishing Company,” (two volumes), 1996
- Author, “Section 2036(c): What’s Left After the Freeze,” New York University, Taxation of Closely Held Businesses, May 1990
- Author, “The Use of Life Insurance in a Charitable Remainder Unitrust,” CLU Journal, January 1981
- Author, “Assignment of Group Term Life Insurance to Irrevocable Trusts,” Trusts and Estates Magazine, September 1980