Our Insurance Coverage Litigation Group attorneys have substantial experience representing clients in insurance coverage litigation. We have pursued insurance coverage claims for clients in a wide range of industries, including aluminum, banking, chemicals, consumer products, manufacturing, mining, retail and wholesale, scrap, steel, transportation and utility industries.
We have been responsible for several precedent setting court decisions in this area of practice, and have represented clients in many state and federal courts throughout the U.S. in insurance coverage suits. Cohen & Grigsby attorneys also counsel and assist clients during the insurance claims process, and have resolved many matters at that stage.
Select Recent Representative Cases
- Represented a consumer products company in the landmark case in which the Pennsylvania Supreme Court ruled that the doctrine of regulatory estoppel could be applied to the sudden and accidental pollution exclusion
- Negotiated the successful resolution of a complex property loss insurance claim resulting from Hurricane Wilma for a high rise condominium in Naples, Florida
- Represented a mining company in a series of business interruption suits which produced recoveries over $20 million
- For a chemicals industry client, obtained the first published court ruling in the U.S. rejecting a denial of coverage based on the broad form nuclear exclusion
- Represented a component part manufacturer seeking insurance coverage for damages awarded under a state Unfair Trade Practices law resulting from product failures
Our attorneys have experience with a broad range of insurance coverages, including first party property loss, business interruption, commercial general liability, products liability, directors and officers liability, pollution liability, homeowners, professional liability and fidelity coverages.
|Bohme, Ingrid A.||Directoremail@example.com|
|Ejzak, Richard A.||Directorfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Hajek, Joshua A.||Directoremail@example.com|
|Hanson, Morgan J.||Directorfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Jacobs, Katie R.||Directoremail@example.com|
|May, Mark A.||Directorfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Newman, Eric S.||Directoremail@example.com|
|Roman, Andrew M.||Directorfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Russey, David F.||Directoremail@example.com|
|Shrayber, Fridrikh V.||Directorfirstname.lastname@example.org|
- Cohen & Grigsby Commercial & Complex Litigation Newsletter – Hot Topics that Impact Your Business – Issue Three
- Insurance News – Part 2 – FAQs for Restoring Order After the Wind and Rain Have Gone
- Insurance News – Frequently Asked Questions – Part 1
- Immediate Considerations for Handling an Insurable Loss