The Environmental Litigation group represents clients in a wide array of dispute resolution forums including mediation, arbitration, litigation and allocation proceedings arising from a broad spectrum of environmental claims. These include governmental claims, public and private nuisance claims, contamination claims, cost recovery and contribution actions, and injunctive and declaratory relief.
C&G lawyers have appeared before numerous Federal District Courts and Circuit Courts of Appeal, Pennsylvania, Ohio, West Virginia, New York, California, and other state trial and appellate courts, the Environmental Appeals Board (final actions of USEPA), the Environmental Hearing Board (final actions of the Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection), the Pennsylvania Underground Storage Tank Indemnification Board (final actions of the Underground Storage Tank Indemnification Fund), and comparable forums in other states.
We also counsel businesses regarding insurance coverage disputes over environmental cleanup costs or other liabilities, and we have recovered substantial sums for environmental claims for clients from their historic insurance carriers.
The firm has provided counsel in the following areas, among others:
- Prosecution of coverage for onsite and offsite contamination under general liability insurance policies and, in appropriate cases, environmental impairment or pollution liability insurance policies
- Prosecution, defense, and negotiation of Superfund and state “mini-Superfund” claims involving the disposal of hazardous substances at multi-party waste sites and facilities with historical contamination
- Defense of actions by governmental and private parties for cleanup of hazardous waste disposed of at facilities with ongoing operations
- Groundwater and soil contamination claims
- Nuisance and property damage claims
- Defense of intentional tort and worker compensation suits alleging employee exposure to toxic substances
- Recovery of costs related to asbestos in products and buildings
- Cleanup and disposal of products and materials containing PCBs
- Liability concerning dioxin contamination of soils
- Recoveries for creditor clients in bankruptcy proceedings of debtors with environmental liability
|Darragh, Daniel M.||Senior Counselemail@example.com|
|Levine, Clifford B.||Directorfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Mitinger, Alice B.||Directoremail@example.com|
|Normane, Todd L.||Directorfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Roman, Andrew M.||Directoremail@example.com|
|Thistle, Scott R.||Directorfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Tolhurst, Frederick L.||Directoremail@example.com|